Want an easy, sexy, warm-and-toasty look? Simply pull on a winter classic: The sweater! Here, 10 tips for wearing one:
1. Get the right undergarment. A lumpy, ill-fitting bra will ruin the sleek silhouette of a sweater. Instead, wear a seamless bra that gives you a smooth look.
2. Go for allure with a turtleneck. Even though it covers you up, a turtleneck in a slim-fitting knit is unequivocally sexy.
3. Slip a camisole underneath. If a sweater itches, it won’t be comfortable. Wear a camisole or long-sleeved tee in cotton or silk underneath to stave off the itch.
4. Swap a cardigan for a jacket. On casual workdays, forgo a jacket and wear a cardigan instead. It will look just as polished, yet more relaxed.
5. Invest in a cable-knit classic. An off-white cable-knit fisherman’s sweater looks timeless and chic whether you wear it with jeans, a tweed skirt, or tailored trousers.
6. Store sweaters the right way. Hanging a sweater in your closet can cause it to stretch out and result in hard-to-remove bulges at the shoulders. Instead, fold sweaters and store on shelves.
7. Layer it! A slim turtleneck sweater worn under a sweater vest looks unexpectedly stylish, and keeps you warm.
8. Lengthen with a V-neck. It gives the illusion of a longer neck, which in turn makes your whole silhouette look slimmer and longer.
9. Avoid appliqués. Instead of a holiday sweater with a Santa or snow-scene appliqué, go for one in a season-appropriate color. It’s simpler and much more chic!
10. Hand wash. Machine washing most sweaters can cause them to shrink. To keep their shape and size, they should be hand-washed in cold water. Lie them flat to dry.Pin It